10 wonderful Benifits of Jan dhan account
The Jan Dhan account was started in 2014 by Prime Minister Modi. The purpose of opening this account was that every poor person should have an account in the bank. That is why PM Modi released this scheme.
Today we will tell you about some such benefits of opening a Jan Dhan account about which you will also be shocked. Let’s know
1. Overdraft facility starts from 6 months after opening this account.
2. Accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh is also available after opening its account.
3. Life cover up to Rs 30,000 on opening this account, which is available on the eligibility conditions on the death of the beneficiary.
4. Interest is accrued on deposits.
5. Free mobile banking facility is also provided with the account.
6. Rupees debit card is given to the person opening the Jan Dhan account, from which he can withdraw money from the account or make a purchase.
7. It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through Jan Dhan account.
8. If there is a Jan Dhan account then accounts will be opened for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan.
9. Money transfer facility is also available throughout the country.
10. Money directly comes to the account of the benefits of government schemes.
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, a basic savings & deposit accounts, remittance, credit, insurance, pension in an affordable manner. Under the scheme, a basic savings bank deposit (BSBD) account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitra) outlet, by persons not having any other account.
Benefits under PMJDY
- One basic savings bank account is opened for unbanked person.
- There is no requirement to maintain any minimum balance in PMJDY accounts.
- Interest is earned on the deposit in PMJDY accounts.
- Rupay Debit card is provided to PMJDY account holder.
- Accident Insurance Cover of Rs.1 lakh (enhanced to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28.8.2018) is available with RuPay card issued to the PMJDY account holders.
- Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 30,000 to eligible PMJDY account holders who opened their account for the first time between 15.8.2014 to 31.1.2015 is available.
- An overdraft (OD) facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible account holders is available.
- PMJDY accounts are eligible for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pendion Yojana (APY), Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA) scheme.